Thursday, July 14, 2005

A new survey

A week ago, I posted the results from a survey conducted almost a year ago on "What do people do on Ubin".

The conclusions were that the survey was probably not very reflective of the activities of regulars on the island.

Thus I have created a new survey on the Focus Ubin forum.

Do take part in the survey! Hopefully we can come up with updated results to compare with the previous one. In this short time, much change has occured on the island. The lifting of the camping restrictions and the new upcoming campground near the jetty may also change some of the trends we see.



While we await the results to roll in on the survey, over the next few days I will be posting a series on the changes in Ubin that has occured over the last 6 months I have been away from Singapore and the last 40 years that my mother has not returned to Ubin! On Monday (11 July), my parents and I finally made a trip to revisit my mom's "old home" (which no longer exist of course). Many interesting tales and observations now fill the pages of my notebook!

No comments: